Employee Training Benefits
Becoming a V3 Certified Member allows you to tap into valuable programs to offset some of your company’s hiring and training costs.
• V3 Grants – You can receive up to $10,000 in grants—$1,000 per eligible Veteran hired. Employers with fewer than 300 employees, at the time of grant application, may qualify.
• SkillBridge – The SkillBridge program provides transitioning service members with the opportunity to work in a civilian job for 6-12 weeks, prior to separation from the military. Your company serves as the service member’s duty station and the Department of Defense continues to pay for the service member’s salary during program participation.
• On-the-Job Training (OJT) and Apprenticeships – Working in partnership with the State Approving Agency (SAA), employers and educational institutions can qualify as G.I. Bill-approved OJT and apprenticeship programs. Veterans may apply for housing, tuition, and educational stipends to supplement pay while completing training through an accredited program.
Be Part of a Supportive Community
• Virginia Department of Veterans Services (VDVS) – VDVS is here to ensure that your Veteran and military spouse employees are taken care of and
have access to the benefits, services, and resources they need and deserve.
• Community Impact – V3 partners may support the Virginia Veterans Foundation to further the mission of the V3 Program as well as donate goods or
services to make a community impact.